A couple cool things about a child life specialist is :
- You can watch something on their phone (this really helped when I was getting blood drawn for my first labs)
- You can listen to music on their phone
- They can attach a light disco ball to their phone and make disco lights appear on anything! (It looked really cool on my black pants)
- They may give you play doh to work with
- They let me smell some different scents that could go in my mask for when I got the sleepy gas (I picked green apple, I may get chocolate next time)
- They can show pictures on their iPad of what the surgery room would be like so I was better prepared for it
- They comfort you when you need it
- They gave me a squishy orbeez ball (I can make it get really big and then let it drain)
Hey maybe I should look into becoming a Child Life Specialist. I would love to play with all that fun stuff with cool kids like you everyday!
You look like you’re having so much fun!! I need toys like that to play with. Love you! Aunt Peggy
Hi Joanna! Your orbeez ball is super cool!